For the safety and comfort of all our riders, please observe the following guidelines:
- Shirts and shoes are required.
- State law prohibits smoking on the bus.
- Do not carry hazardous, explosive, incendiary or flammable materials or devices including gasoline and car batteries.
- Take a seat immediately after boarding the bus and stay seated at all times.
- Eating, drinking or playing music, without earphones is not allowed on the bus.
- To ensure all passengers a timely and safe ride, carry-on items are limited to those that a passenger can load in a single boarding. Items may not block walkways or pose any safety issue. Packages must be removed from seating if needed for seating by boarding passengers.
- Pets, other than service animals used to assist persons with disabilities, must be in cages.
- Children under the age of 6 must be accompanied by an adult or older child.
- No profanity or rude behavior on the bus.
- Bicycles in the bike racks only.
- Rollerblades must be carried onboard.
- Baby strollers may be brought on the bus, but must be folded before boarding and placed out of the aisle. The child must be carried or seated on your lap.
- Place your exact fare in the farebox next to the driver. Our drivers cannot make change.
- The first few seats are reserved for the elderly and riders with mobility impairments. Passengers seated in these areas are urged to give up their seats when requested.
- Passengers using wheelchairs board through the front door on all buses. The front steps of each bus can be lowered for passengers who have difficulty boarding.
- When the bus is approaching your destination, pull the stop request cord located above the windows to let the driver know you wish to get off. All passengers are encouraged to exit through the rear doors.
- After exiting the bus, wait for it to leave before crossing the street so that you can see and be seen by traffic. For your safety, do not cross in front of the bus.
If due to your disability you need a reasonable modification, please ask a Yakima Transit employee. Please also refer to Yakima Transit’s reasonable modification policy.